Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My wife got given a samsung galaxy tab3.The tablet will switch

My wife got given a samsung galaxy tab3.The tablet will switch on,swipe the screen,log to internet and it started to update,after about 3 to 5mins the screen flickered on the left hand side and went blank.If waiting for several mins and pressing the on/off button the screen goes blue,wait about 2hours the screen will reappear,then loss again.The tablet works all the time as indicated by the router internet light flashing,when I got the screen back it appears the updates had been updated.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First can you tell me please what steps you have already taken to try to solve this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried to factory reset,I think I have done it as the date has gone back,also took it to Pc world,thought it might be a Battery problem but when I got home I tried to see if it was but the screen does't last long,I think the Battery is OK as the charge bar is holding ok and it seems to work whilst the screen is blank.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, its not the battery, as you will get a different symptom.
It is either the mainboard or the firmware and a reset will confirm this.
When you did the reset, how did you do it and did it take you through the setup of the Tablet again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I did the reset,I did by pressing the on/off and volume button,no I did not get through the reset,I suspect I will have to try again. Can I do this using the menu on the tablet ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, this was just a restart
The reset will remove all data and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided.
To do this, Navigate to Settings either from the Apps menu, or just by simply pressing on the time to bring up the notifications menu.
Scroll down to the Personal group and press on Back Up and Restore.
Press the Factory Data Reset option.
It will bring up a screen showing all of the accounts synced on the Sevice, press the Reset Device button at the bottom.
You’ll see the final verification screen, press the Delete All button.
The device will restart and boot into the recovery mode to finish the process. You’ll see the Android logo for a few moments, and it will restart again. When this is complete, you’ll be back to the Welcome screen to setup the device
Then complete this. Use the Tablet and if it still has the problem then you know the mainboard is the culprit, which will require the Tablet to be replaced.