Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

my screen on my huawei phone isnt working is there a way

Customer Question

hi my screen on my huawei phone isnt working is there a way of getting my numbers of it and onto my laptop?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you give me the model of the phone please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi its a huawei ascend

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We check if the phone numbers have been uploaded.
On your computer, go to www.gmail.com
Sign into gmail with the same account that you used to register on the phone when setting it up.
Then click on Gmail in the top left, then Contacts.
Do you see the contacts there Orla?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi no none of my numbers are showing up

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so it was not synching online.
This was the only option sorry Orla.
Without the screen working we cant set it to synch online, or to via a program as we need the screen to work to get this.
But, they just need to replace the screen, this won't impact your memory on the phone, so there is no reason that when it is returned the contacts will all be there as the screen has nothing to do with the memory.
But it is not possible sorry to get them off the phone now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its to expensive ive been told to change the screen so im getting a blank replacement phone.

Do i get charged for this even tho i didnt get numbers?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, the cost is only about $80 including labour to get the screen replaced, then you have your numbers back.
It is for my service you paid Orla, we checked what we could and I have now informed you about the fact that having the screen replaced will get your numbers back for you.
It is this that you paid for, else we would never answer the question in the event it was not possible,
I hope you can see this and If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.