Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Kobo displays the smiling page all the time with only the

Customer Question

My Kobo displays the smiling page all the time with only the first black square. I have tried charging it for over four hours. i have also tried a basic reset and pushing the on/off button across for ten seconds. What can i do now?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds (10 seconds was too short).
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kobo.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no change

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I know this is short, but I see this problem all the time and I am not going to waste your time.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. The fact that it continues confirms it is the memory that faults
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kobo to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and will be covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.