Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have Samsung Galaxy PT10 and i have forgotten the password

I have Samsung Galaxy PT10 and i have forgotten the password ***** can i do please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The Samsung PT10 is a clinical testing unit, and I don't think thats what you have.
Can you double check the model please. Is it a Galaxy S4, S5 or something like this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the sticker reads GT-5210

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE Sticker reads G-P5210

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Derek, that's what I needed.
You will have to reset the device, its the only way to remove the security (as this is the reason for the security).
This will remove all data and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided.
To do the reset, please do the following
Power off the device
Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until the Samsung logo shows up
When you see the Samsung logo release the Power button, but keep holding the Volume Up + Home until you get to the recovery screen
Using the Volume Up/Down buttons navigate to Wipe data/factory reset
Press the Power button to accept the option – this will take you to the confirmation screen.
Using the volume buttons navigate to yes and press the power button again to confirm the action
When the factory reset is completed you will then have to set up the device again and it will be usable.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.