Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I want to create a Library on Google Books. When I try to

I want to create a Library on Google Books. When I try to do so I keep getting the error message "We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please log in to your Admin Console to enable this service"
I have a Google account and have logged into my Admin Console/Apps/Additional Google Services but it doesn't seem to be possible to log into Google Books. Is this only accessible as a 'paid for' service? Or is there something i am doing wrong?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No special access is needed for this.
Is this how you are making your library?
Search Google Books for a keyword, title, or author.
Click the "Add to my library" link to start building your collection.
Do you get the error when doing that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. That is correct

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On which device are you doing this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Macbook Pro

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your using it within Google Chrome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, with Safari.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it is very buggy with Safari, and is designed for Googles products so this will be why your getting the error.
Download Google Chrome from my link below
Click me to open
Then install the app for Chrome here and use it via this
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-play-books/mmimngoggfoobjdlefbcabngfnmieonb?hl=en
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry...Because I am unfamiliar with Chrome it took a while to work this out.

I have Google Play Books in my Apps. When I click on visit website it takes me to the website which says

There was a problem retrieving your bookshelf, please try again later.

I tried searching for the book I need in Chrome but when it takes me to Google Books I end up with the same problem I had with Safari

We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please log in to your Admin Console to enable this service. Learn more

Using Chrome I follow through the links that take me to 'Admin Console/Apps/Additional Google Services' but the App doesn't appear

This is the book I am trying to find and add to my library http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QxK14uKmQXAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=mary+warnock&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Yaj1VJfUKILC7Ab9i4D4Dw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=mary%20warnock&f=false

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Is it only for this one book Michael?
Can you add other books?
That books works for me ok, so let me know please
There is no app or service needed to do this, so this is an error from Google, but let me know if it happens for all books for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Gosh...that's interesting. I tried with this

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=xAOgAAAAMAAJ&q=the+music+profession+in+britain&dq=the+music+profession+in+britain&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ULT1VMrhAYGc7gb8hYDoDw&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA

and with this

http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Great_Expectations.html?id=fhUXAAAAYAAJ

The same error message and I couldn't add them

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, make a new gmail account then sign in with that account and try
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It seems to work on the new account. How strange. Bit of a nuisance to have two accounts...but thanks for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its an issue with your account and in all honesty, if its a free account, Google will never look at it for you.
But try it in a week, account issues can sort themselves out if Google do a refresh of the servers.
But until then you will have to use this new account sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.