Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung galaxy ace GTS5830i, there was very little

I have a Samsung galaxy ace GTS5830i, there was very little memory space when I first got it so I bought an SD card but that has not helped with space. I am always having to delete stuff and now my phone has just gone on a loop contanstly with the 1st screen. I have been trying to get help on line but as I don't have a laptop to 'root' it I'm stuck with what to do now. I am a bit if a technophobe and don't understand all the jargon.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The issue with this phone is it has very little internal memory. A SD card does not help this as that only expands the external memory.
I suspect it is out of memory and this is why you get the loop.
Can you remove the battery and hold the power button down for 35 seconds, then release.
Then put the battery back in, turn on the phone and tell me if it now starts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its just still going on to the loop again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, power it off, then hold the power and volume up button until it gets to a menu, can you get to this Jacqueline?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing I'm afraid.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.