Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Sansumg S5 android phone and it's updated to new Lollipo

Customer Question

I have a Sansumg S5 android phone and it's updated to new Lollipop OS. Some things have changed / been lost, would like to know if I can get the following items back:
Notifications bar at top of the screen:
1) it no longer updates me when I get an email (i use 2 gmail accounts). It no longer shows me a new message envelope. I have to go into gmail and refresh my emails manually.
2) it no longer updates me when I get a new WhatsApp message, it no longer shows a new message by showing the WhatsApp icon on the notification bar
Also, there is no mute phone capability any more...only 'vibrate' or 'sound'...
can you help with any of these please ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to check, you do still have the notification bar itself correct? You can slide down from the top to see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Yes I still have the notification bar.

When my screen is locked, all the notification bar shows me is my network provider, battery %, wifi, bluetooth etc. It no longer shows me if I have an email, whatsapp or text message.

When my screen is unlocked, again the notification bar does no longer show a new message arrival.... However, they do appear 'sometimes' when I have wifi connection.

I have checked Gmail set-up and it says I should be getting notifications upon arrival...but it is not happening.

I have also checked that my mobile data is on - it is and works fine.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
go to Settings, Application.
Look under ALL for Google services framework
Press it and press Clear Data.
then restart the phone and tell me if you still have the problem please David