Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I transfer data backed up to Kies 2.6 from an S3 mini

How do I transfer data backed up to Kies 2.6 from an S3 mini to a Galaxy Ace 4 that is unsupported by 2.6 .I have already downloaded Kies 3.0 for the Ace 4
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, Connect your device to your computer.
Open Kies 3 and click the Back up/Restore tab.
If necessary, click Restore data.
Click Find file.
Select the file to use, and click Open. File types must be .spb, .ssn, .sn3, .sme, or .ssc. If the previous backup included multiple file types (for example: Contacts, Images, and Messages), you must restore each one individually.
Kies 3 will attempt to restore the data to the phone.
Click Complete when Kies 3 is finished transferring the content.
The data is restored then to the new phone.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help. Managed to do what I needed eventually.

Philip

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Philip, you just needed to import the backup file Kies made.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.