Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

Cant shut down the Samsung SM T800. Is the on of on the back

Customer Question

Cant shut down the Samsung SM T800. Is the on of on the back or the side of the item ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Turn the Samsung Tab over, look at the back:

at the upper right, there are two buttons/switches - one is the Volume control, the other is the 'Power/Lock' control.

Usually when a device is locked up, you hold the power button for 10 seconds or until it shuts Off.

If that doesn't work, your Tab has a serious problem, and might need to have the battery removed - or simply allowed to be discharged - in order for it to turn Off.

Is your Tab less than a year old? measured from date-of-original-purchase.

Let me know how it goes.