Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Got new phone samsung s5 playing with it smart remote know

Got new phone samsung s5 playing with it smart remote know have sound no picter on tv help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Remove the power from the TV and wait 5 minutes
Plug the power back in, turn on the TV and tell me if you now get a picture please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no picture

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, there is no way to turn off the screen and just have sound with the remote Sue, or any way actually on the TV.
You hear sound like the TV is on correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only have sound still after switching off

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the phone remote did not cause this Sue.
It is the backlight that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TVto have the backlight replaced. Itwill be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.