A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

Richard. I have a samsung GT-S5830 mobile. As of this morning

Customer Question

Hi Richard. I have a samsung GT-S5830 mobile. As of this morning I can send a text but it does not save itself. I can see a reply running across the top but it will not save it either. I have read my manual but cannot find an answer. Basically it will not save sent or received texts. I hope you can help me. Thank you. Josie
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Josie - very strange issue you are encountering.

A. Stevens :

The best thing to try would be a software restore of your phone.

A. Stevens :

You want to make sure you have everything backed up so that you can restore it when the reset completes.

A. Stevens :

Here is the backup process using Samsung Kies

A. Stevens :

How to Backup and Restore Data Using Kies:

Download the Latest Samsung Kies
If you have installed Samsung USB Drivers on your computer, uninstall it as Kies already has all the required drivers.
When the download is finished, run the setup file and install it.
Launch the Samsung Kies and connect your phone or tablet to the computer using USB cable.
When device drivers are installed and Kies detects your device, you will see some basic information about your device such as internal and external memory status, firmware version, etc.samsung-kies-device-info
Next to the Basic Information tab, you will see Sync and Import/Export tabs. Click the last tab that says “Back up/Restore”.
Now you will see all options for backup your Samsung device data. You can select all or the preferred items here.samsung-kies-device-backup-1
If you wish to backup selected apps only, scroll down to Applications and click on “Select Individually” option.
Finally, when you are done with selecting the items to be backed up, click the “Back up” button and doing this will initiate the backup.samsung-kies-device-backup-complete
When the backup is done, click the “Complete” button. Your selected has now been backed up.
Now your data is safe against device wipe or loss. Enjoy the sense of security!
Whenever you need to restore all or selected data, just click on “Back up/Restore” tab, select the items, and click on “Restore” found just below the “Back up” button.

A. Stevens :

Here is how to perform the reset of your device.

A. Stevens :

Step 1: Turn off your Samsung Device.

Step 2: Release any “SIM card or SD card” in your phone.

Step 3: Press & Hold “vol+ key, Home key and Power key”.

Step 4: When you got “Android system recovery mode” then release all hold key.

Step 5: Press “Vol – key” and select “wipe data/factory reset”, then press “Home key” to confirm.

Step 6: Again press “Vol- key” and select “Yes — delete all user data” then press “Home key” to confirm.samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830i

Step 7: After complete the hard reset, Select “Reboot System Now”, And press “Home key”.

Step 8: Now your Device will reboots.

Step 9: Your Android device is now ok.

A. Stevens :

I think this should resolve your issue...please let me know if it doesn't

A. Stevens :

I hope I was able to help you today.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the smiley faces below would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. I did not have a USB cable as the mobile was given to me second hand by a relative. I switched the mobile off for the night and when I switched it back on in the morning the "lost" texts appeared and it has been working properly ever since. Many thanks.

I am confused about payment. I paid £16 by PayPal thinking it would be a one-off payment, but then had to sign up to pay £16 per month, with a week's free trial. The information I read says that if My Account does not show "Membership" then I am not signed up for monthly payments. I do not wish to continue paying monthly and would have unsubscribed myself.

Are you able to enlighten me on this please?

Hi -
Very happy to hear that you were able to get the phone working properly.
I apologize but as far as memberships or payments that would be a question for Just Answer customer service, as I am just an expert in the mobile device field.
You can contact Just Answer Customer Care/Billing at these places:
Email:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Phone:
US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Australia 1.800.679.634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world 1-925-418-3893