Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have lost my password ***** my Lexus 7 tablet, and thus I have

I have lost my password ***** my Lexus 7 tablet, and thus I have lost connections. How can I recover?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Janet! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean Nexus 7 tablet (not Lexus 7 tablet)?

So you cannot use the tablet at all right?

Is it okay to reset the tablet, so you can re-set it up fresh like new with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is a Nexus 7 Tablet, which seems to have many problems in operation. The reset button has been pressed, but the way ahead to a re-set is blocked by a notice to say there is no connection, and another server should be tried. In my house I only have a BT hub which operates well for my laptop, no 'other server' seems possible

Is it the login password? Or is it the Wi-Fi / wireless password? etc.? Please let me know everything it is showing on the screen.

Also, are you able to go to Settings, or open app / icon on the nexus tablet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In trying to check the connection to BTHub3-G2FZ 'authentication problem' comes up, and no progress can be made beyond this message

Thank you. Was it working previously? Or is this a new nexus tablet, or new bthub modem/router device, etc.?

In Wi-Fi, can you tap on BTHub..., then tap on the Forget... option
, then tap on BTHub... again
, then does it ask for a password? Do you know how to confirm / check your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Nexus 7 tablet was new from November last,and the BT hub worked well with it until yesterday. After tapping the 'forget' option, the password ***** ***** for but those tried have not been successful. How can this password ***** re-set?

Did you try the password ***** key at the back / bottom of the BT Hub modem device? (It is case-sensitive.)

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Admin password ***** the base of the router has, without success, been tried for the wi-Fi connection.

The home laptop is connected via wireless; it has Windows 7.

Sorry, it's not the admin password, but the Wireless Key, if shown, on the base of the router (it is case-sensitive.)

If that does not work, please do the following on your windows 7 laptop in order to get the password ***** it:

- Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
(Or click on Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then click your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. (It is case-sensitive.)

Please let me know if you are able to get the password ***** key through your laptop.

If there is still issue, please reply back, so I can continue to help. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Via the button 'BT Home Hub' the Admin password ***** changed, yet the tablet still shows 'authentication problem'

Sorry, did you try my second suggestion in my last response? Were you able get the password ***** key through your laptop? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The programs on the laptop do not have 'Network and Internet' only 'BT HomeHub' and the 'Properties' tab does not go to Security. Earlier, the site only asked for the Admin password

Sorry, did you follow my steps previously:

- Click on Start (which is the small windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel
, then there, do you see Network and Internet and/or Network and Sharing Center?

If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your laptop and check directly for you. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please connect to my laptop to check

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7191ea3b-cd24-46af-a78e-a8dc054aaf57

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Working on issue. Thank you.

I have found your wi-fi / wireless password ***** your laptop computer via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tablet is now back to normal, many thanks

You're welcome. Great. Thank you for your patience.