Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have connected my HTC one 8 to my car via blue tooth. It

I have connected my HTC one 8 to my car via blue tooth. It works fine, but how do I down load the phone book?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What car system do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jaguar Xfr Bowers and Willkinson

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There are compatibility issues with this as a lot of the car systems do not work with all phones in reading the phones memory (the phone book).
We will confirm though this is the issue.
First, when you connected the phone, where you asked about permissions on the phones screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you allowed it permissions correct Phillip?
If so, what exactly happens on the car when you try to access the phone book?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A list comes up with Digital..Last ten numbers, and phone book. the last two are not highlighted, so I go in to settings and it asks me to download phone book manually and press exit when done. But does not tell you how to do it?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, to do that, select Phone options, then Phonebook and then Start
manual download
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I find these instructions on my phone , or the car touch screen. As it will be about 30 mins before I can try this,so how do I get back to you....

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the car touch screen
Page 315 of the manual you can see here
Click me to view
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No joy I'm afraid, I'm now waiting on some blue tooth coordinates from the HTC help line. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, its going to compatibility issue then Phillip, this system has issues with a lot of HTC and Samsung phones as well as the early iPhones.
There are no special settings or anything for this, its either Automatic or Manual and we have attempted both.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.