Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have gt5100 tablet2 10.1 that is block by some claims to

Customer Question

I have gt5100 tablet2 10.1 that is block by some claims to be chesire police authority which is holding me to ramson for 100 pounds which I payed but my tablet is still block can you help me remove this virus
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Which company did you pay? That is fake; that is a virus, so I suggest to call your bank / credit card to cancel the payment to that company.

Does this issue occur when you use the Internet only? Or when you power off, then power on the tablet, it shows right away, i.e., you cannot open / use any app, or go to settings on the tablet?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was asked to pay with a kash voucher

it shows up as soon as I swipe my screen to login iam unable to do anything the thing I am able to do is pull down the menu bar for wufi

Thank you. Can we reset the tablet to factory setting, so you can re-set up the tablet fresh? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

I'm sorry, the tablet software is corrupted by the virus, so we would need to reset the tablet, like when you first got it brand-new. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That fine hw would you do that

Thank you. Please power off the tablet (by pressing & holding Power button, then select Power off option.)
, then with the tablet powered off, press at the same time the two buttons Volume Down and Power until the Samsung logo / recovery menu appears, then release both buttons.

, then use Volume Up / Down button to select option "wipe data/factory reset", then press Power button.

, then use Volume Up / Down button to select Yes..., then press Power button.

, once done, press Power to reboot

, then the tablet will let you re-set it up and use.

(If it does not work, try the steps again using Volume Up and Power buttons instead.)

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,