Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have just got a new samsung s4 mini and put a password *****

I have just got a new samsung s4 mini and put a password ***** it, now when i come to use it itis sayingwrong password. I have entered it correctly. What can Ido?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of password ***** is asking for?

Can we reset the phone, then re-set it up fresh with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cant get into the phone, how can I do that?

Let's try this: power off the phone
, then press at the same time the 3 buttons: Home, Volume Up, Power for about 10 to 15 seconds until the Samsung logo / recovery menu appears, then release

Please let me know if you see the recovery menu, then I will provide the next step. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I will start that

Ok, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not letting me do any thing past the first screen I dont know where the home or volume up buttons are, there are buttons on the side of the phone but they are not doing anything?

1. Press & hold the power on/off button for about 10 seconds for it to power off (if needed, remove the battery, then reinstall.)

2. Please click on the image below for the location of those 3 buttons:

3. Then press at the same time the 3 buttons: Home, Volume Up, Power for about 10 to 15 seconds until the Samsung logo / recovery menu appears, then release.

Please let me know what you see. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing is happening I am not getting a samsung recovery menu just the lock screen asking for my password

Sorry. First, were you able to power off the phone with my steps? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i powered off using the left hand button

No, to power off the phone, you need to press & hold the Power button, which is on the right, for a few seconds, then select the Power off option. Please click on the image below to see:

Or another way to power off: remove the back cover of the phone, then remove the battery for a few seconds, then reinstall.

, then with the phone powered off, press at the same time the 3 buttons: Home, Volume Up, Power for about 10 to 15 seconds until the Samsung logo / recovery menu appears, then release.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done that i am just getting the sim pin screen and no recovery menu?

Sorry, this is not a password ***** the phone, but a password ***** the SIM card. Who provided you the SIM card? i.e., who's your wireless / phone carrier / company? Did you receive a PIN number from them? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I have the password ***** the sim and it lets me into the phone, the password ***** dont have is for the phone

Sorry, can you please confirm that you tried exactly with the instructions at the website below:

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/Restoring-factory-settings-on-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S4

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That page is not loading onto my computer?

I followed all of your instructions

Sorry, that's strange. That page does load on my computer. I copied the instructions below; please check:

Step 1

Switch your phone off. If it's frozen, remove and replace the battery to turn it off (you don't need to remove your SIM card).

Step 2

Hold down the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.

Step 3

To navigate through this menu, use the volume up/down buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to confirm selections.

Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

User-added image

Step 4

Scroll down and select Yes - Delete All User Data.

Step 5

When prompted, scroll to and select Reboot System Now. The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.

User-added image

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when i do that i am not getting the the android logo or the unlock menu?

It is strange; I think something is wrong with the phone. Can you power off the phone, then press & hold the 3 buttons: Volume Down, Home, and Power this time (instead of the Volume Up button.) Does it show anything different?

If you remove the battery and the SIM card, then reinsert only the battery, then power on the phone. Does the phone ask for password ***** the SIM card inserted? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it just does thesame thing.

Starting with justthe battery it comes onto the screen that asks for my password, (it tells me i have no sim)

I'm really sorry; we've gone through the troubleshooting. Pressing at the same time the 3 buttons Volume Up, Home, and Power is supposed to get the phone into recovery mode. It looks like either the phone software is corrupted or one of the buttons is bad. Can you return / exchange it? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I will have to?

Sorry, yes, unfortunately. Does your carrier have a store nearby? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really but thank you for your efforts

You're welcome. Sorry, I guess you have to ship it back. If you need anything else later, or if you have any other electronics or computer question / issue, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today below? Thank you very much for your patience.

Experience: Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.