Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I've recently bought a Moto G, having previously had an

Hi. I've recently bought a Moto G, having previously had an ancient Nokia, as befits a Senior Citizen! I've downloaded a song in to the Play Music folder, which I want to use as a ringtone. I've also downloaded the ES File Explorer app. What I need is step by step instructions on how to get the song "copied" across to the Settings/Device/Sound/Audio effects/Call Ringtone & Vibrate/Phone ringtone folder, so that I can select it as my current ringtone.
Hope the above makes sense.
Peter.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, go to the actual song in ES File Explorer
Then hold your finger on the file until a Tick appears.
Then at the bottom left press Copy
Navigate to Settings/Device/Sound/Audio effects/Call Ringtone & Vibrate/Phone ringtone
Once there press Paste in the bottom left and its copied there to the ringtones folder.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't find the song in the ES File Explorer. All folders are empty.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How did you copy the song to the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Downloaded it from Play Store and somehow it has ended up in Play Music??
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you cant use that music file for a ring tone, its a proprietary format.
You have to use an MP3 music file Peter.
So you would need to obtain an MP3 on your computer.
Then you connect your phone to the computer via the USB cable that came with the phone.
The phone will then show up on the computer and you right click the MP3 file on your computer, then go to the phones memory (it opens to this in windows) and right click and paste the MP3 file to the phone.
You can then follow the instructions I gave you initially to make it a ringtone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Richard, thanks for that. I now realise that not all file types can be used for any purpose. Still, not bad for a 69 year old! ūüėČ
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not bad at all Peter!! :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.