Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I need to replace my nexus 10 battery as it won't charge unless

I need to replace my nexus 10 battery as it won't charge unless plugged into the mains and I don't want to have to send it away. Can I take it into a local PC shop?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
A local PC store will not do it for you but a telephone repair store will
But you said " it won't charge unless plugged into the mains" But it can only charger unless its plugged into the mains. What did you mean with this as we may be able to fix it here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, I should have explained better. We can't use the nexus unless it is charged into the mains. The minute we unplug it, even though it shows it as fully charged it just dies on us and if we take it out with us and put it into a mains but need to use another wifi address it doesn't get enough life into it to spring into action at all !

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Go it, thanks Jan
Any Cell phone repair store will be able to do this for you.
Or you can do it yourself by purchasing the battery here
http://www.ezbuybatteries.co.uk/google-nexus-10-battery-online-27775
And then following the instructions video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fooq_tLNmQ
Follow the instructions up till 4 minutes and you see exactly how to remove the battery
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard - so I could take it into a vodaphone or similar shop and they will replace it in the store?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, not a cell phone sales shop like that but a cell phone repair store.
One such as this
Click me to open
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.