Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have programmed the finger reckonition on my s6 edge, but

i have programmed the finger reckonition on my s6 edge, but find that it doesnt reckonise it any more, and i didnt put in an emergency password, what can i do to start it again as i cannot get in to it?????
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you are locked out of your S6, then you will have to factory reset it to get back in. Before that, try entering some incorrect passwords (if asked) or try using your fingerprint to unlock multiple time and it might ask you for the Gmail account and associated with it. So enter it and you will be able to reset the password.

If it doesn't ask for Gmail, then your only option is factory reset unfortunately. Factory reset will erase everything from it. This is how Samsung designed it.

Follow the steps below to factory reset your Galaxy S6

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home/Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then reboot your phone This will factory reset it. While setting up, use the Gmail account that you used on it before and your contacts, calendars etc should be restored.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

A rating is only required when we are finished this session. Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the JustAnswer website or the outcome of the answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is showing android system recovery etc in red andreboot system etc in blue

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Press the volume down button to go down and select wipe data/factory reset and press Power button. This will factory reset it.
Then use volume up button to go up and select reboot system now. Then press power button. This will reboot. let me know how it goes.