Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

Just replaced the cracked screen on an htc desire 510.

Customer Question

Hi - Just replaced the cracked screen on an htc desire 510. Now on start up following the vibrate, the screen flashes once then the jingle and screen remains blank. Have removed screen etc again and can find nothing appearing wrong. Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Unfortunately it seems that the new screen might not be connected correctly. Did you replace the screen yourself or take it to a depot? You might try pulling the ribbon cable off and re-attaching it to see if that resolves... Otherwise there are are two pieces to the screen - digitizer and LCD panel. Do you know if both were replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi-I replaced the screen (done a few phones before this one) Have opened up and checked the connections are secure. Only the glass digitalised was replaced. Thank you - Regards
You may need to replace the LCD as well, as that might be the part that is no longer functioning...