Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Kindle fire has locked, due to suspicious activity found

My Kindle fire has locked, due to suspicious activity found on my laptop
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What exactly do you see on your Kindle ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Are you completely locked out of your Kindle due to that message ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
That means your Kindle is compeletely infected with that malware. You have to boot your Kindle to Safe Mode and factory reset it to remove that malware. Factory reset will remove everything from your Kindle including your books, but you can redownload the books after factory reset using the same Amazon account.
Turn off your Kindle. Press and hold down Power button and Volume down button at same time. When you see the logo, release the Power button, but keep holding down the Volume down button and it will boot into safe mode. Then go to Settings > Device > Reset to Factory Defaults
This will factory reset it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If you are unable to turn off the Kindle, press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds and this will force turn it off. Then turn it on by holding both Volume down and Power button to boot into Safe Mode. Then factory reset it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry still has not cleared

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to factory reset it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Did you boot it into Safe Mode ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i did not see safe mode come up

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You have to boot your Kindle to Safe Mode. Then only the reset will work.
Turn off the Kindle completely. Then press and hold down the Power and Volume down button at the same time. When it power on, release the power button but keep holding down the Volume down button until you see the wallpaper. Don't ever release the volume down button until it shows the wallpaper.
If it is passcode protected, then enter some incorrect password ***** 10 times and it will ask you to factory reset it. So factory reset it.
If not, goto Settings > Device and do the factory reset.
See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LK-QjOF0Cg
If it doesn't say Safe Mode on anywhere on the screen, then restart and keep trying to boot into Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Ashik
Looks like im back into working.

i do not seem to have lost previous history. thank you

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Not unless you factory reset it. Safe Mode is only for troubleshooting. You have to goto Settings > Device and factory reset from there. Then only the virus will be deleted. After factory reset, you can register it with your same Amazon account you used on it and you will get your books back. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated. Have a great day,Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just letting you know---- there was not a reset button on the settings!

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Goto Settings, select Device and you should see Reset to factory defaults there. See this article --> http://www.technipages.com/how-to-factory-reset-kindle-fire