Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have just got one of those money demanding malware

hello I have just got one of those money demanding malware programs and now I can do nothing with my tablet have you any ideas pleasa
Karl
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Karl! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your tablet?

Does this issue occur when opening the tablet? Or does it only occur when opening Internet/Browser?

Is it okay to reset the tablet, so you can re-set up the tablet fresh?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello viet its a touchpad 8 running jelly bean 4.1 if that's any help

Thank you. What's the brand of it? Can you also check at the back of the tablet for any other model?

So you cannot go to settings or open anything on the tablet right?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is nothing on the unit the manual in the box has a manual with cnm on it. it wont let me do anything just displays this stupid pseudo police type screen

Can you please press & hold the power on/off button for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried that - nothing didn't shut down just sat there with the power off choices

Can you select the Restart option? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No can't select that - cant do anything

Sorry, that's strange. Press & hold the power button for 30 seconds, does it do anything?

How about selecting the Power off option?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it came up with 3 options I selected power and it has

Was it able to shut down? If yes, turn back on the tablet, and let me know what happens. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it shut down the tablet I left it off for 30 seconds then turned back on - same full screen and wont allow any actions

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Press & hold the power button, then select the power off option in order to shut down the tablet.
  2. Hold down the + Volume Key and keep it held down while plugging in the power adapter.
  3. Release the + Volume Key.
  4. Hold down the + Volume Key.
  5. Keep the + Volume Key held down and hold the Power Button down until the TouchPad starts to boot.
  6. When the Android Robot appears on screen release the + Volume Key.
  7. Hold the Power Button down and press the + Volume Key and the Android System Recovery menu will appear (see below). Release both buttons.
  8. Use the Volume Keys on the top of the tablet to scroll up and down the menu on screen.
  9. Scroll down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option by using the Volume Keys, and press the Power Button to enter the option (see below).
  10. Then scroll down to "yes – delete all user data" and press the Power Button to enter the option (see below).
  11. You will be taken to a screen where the system will show that it is wiping the data and factory resetting the TouchPad (see below).
  12. Once the data has been wiped from the TouchPad, you will see the text "Data wipe complete"
  13. Select the option "Reboot system now" by using the Power Button to select the option (see below).
  14. You will see the TouchPad reboot and you can then use the tablet as normal.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fantastic service. thank you very much, really pleased with that, will recommend you to anyone

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.