Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My motorola G has stopped working. won't turn on

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Remove the battery. Wait 2 minutes. Then connect it to your computer with the USB cable for 20 minutes. Then press and hold down Volume Down and Power button at the same time for 20 seconds and this will force turn it on. You have to do this while it is connected to the computer.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Only rate the answer after we solved the problem. If the above steps didn't work, then please reply back to me without rating the answer anything, so we can continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have got the back off the phone but where is the battery.? I can open nothing. The sim card slides but no battery obvious.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Some models have non-removal battery. Sorry, it seems like your model has an integrated battery. So ignore that step. Connect it to your computer and press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds and it will force reboot.
If that didn't work, connect it to your computer and press and hold down Volume down and Power to force reboot it. You have to hold down for 15 seconds or until it turns on.
Please let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing Not a peep Completely inert.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Connect it to your computer for 20 minutes with the USB cable. This will charge it. Now, press and hold down Volume Down and Power at same time for 20 seconds and does it reboot ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has not rebooted. Absolutely not a flicker - just nothing

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm really sorry,It is the logic board of your phone that has failed. This is not a software issue. We have already out the only force reset/reboot method. There is nothing we could try now.
You will have to take it back to the Motorola store to get the logic board replaced. If this phone is less than a year old, then you will get a new phone for free or Motorola will fix it for free.
It'd be better to buy a new phone than replacing the logic board if the warranty has expired.
I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but this is something we can't fix online.
If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will affect my job here. You don't have to rate anything.
Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the answer or the website.