Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

When attempting to add a photo to my contacts it is coming

Customer Question

when attempting to add a photo to my contacts it is coming up unfortunately contacts not available or no photos on phone I have a archos 52 platinum phone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Exactly how are you trying to add photos to the contact?
What steps are you performing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

photo gallery, photo, settings, set picture as, contact photo, my contact, unfortunately contact has stopped.

also phone contacts. my contact, settings,edit, choose photo from gallery, click on photo, no photos available

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Brian
If on your computer you go to www.gmail.com
Sign in with the same gmail account you are using on your phone.
Click on Gmail in the top left then contacts, do you see your contacts listed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes have put pictures on from computer but does not show on phone

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now in gmail in your contacts, add a picture to the contact there.
Are you able to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes on computer only

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you change a letter in the name of that contact, is this change being updated on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes only in all contacts

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I dont exactly understand what you mean with only in all contacts?
Did you edit a contacts name, and did that change on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its the directory where Tesco's directory is

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I dont know what you mean by Tescos directory...
I just needed to know "Did you edit a contacts name, and did that change on the phone?"
I think though its easier for you to reinstall the phone.
This will remove all data and return the phone to new. your contacts as you saw in Gmail are ok, you will just need to install your apps again.
To do the restore.
open Menu and choose Settings.
Select Backup & Reset and tap Factory data reset.
Choose Reset phone and select Erase everything to begin hard reset operation.
Your device should then restart
Then set it up again and tell me if you can now add a photo to your contacts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still the same unfortunately contact has stopped and no photos on phone

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Was the phone returned to new Brian? So you had to set it up again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was going to return it and get a replacement if it could not be fixed.

thank you for your help I shall find the information you gave me very helpful if it happens on the new one. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Brian
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating via the stars at the top of the screen.