Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

On my Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 I can see emails and the subject

On my Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 I can see emails and the subject line, but none of the content. I have had the phone one month - this problem started a few days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Are you using the Gmail app or the default Email app for emails ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure.... my account is (as you will have seen) a Hotmail account, and as far as I'm aware nothing to do with g mail

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
How are you accessing Emails on your Ace 4 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the home screen is an Email icon, and they come in via that, in my Hotmail account. (They arrive at the same time on my PC and tablet...)

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. On your Ace 4, goto Settings > Applications (or Application Manager). Swipe left/right to All tab next to Downloaded, Installed etc tabs.
Look for Email application and tap it. Tap Force Stop and tap Clear Cache.
Then restart your Ace 4. Are you able to see Emails now ?
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand what you mean by: Swipe left/right to All tab next to Downloaded, Installed etc tabs.

However, in Application Manager I can see all the icons that are on the Home screen - except that the one I mentioned above - white envelope with @ sign, labelled Email - is not in the list!

When I tap any of the others I can see the Force Stop - but Email is not there to tap.

However, I have just Forced stop and cleared the cache from Gmail, and restarted the phone - and the problem has disappeared.

Solved

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad you got it resolved. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit.
Have a great day,
Ashik