Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung tablet SM-T310I can send emails but suddenly

I have a Samsung tablet SM-T310I can send emails but suddenly I stopped receiving emails about a month ago
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Tablet and check if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No if I press the refresh button it starts to refresh but nothing appears. It says last updated 17/03/2015. I do receive emails on my phone

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you open the internet app, are you able to see a web page, just to ensure it has internet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can get web pages

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** will re add the email account to the Tablet.
To do this.
1. Open the Email app.
2. Press the Menu button.
3. Select Accounts.
4. Tap and hold the account you wish to delete for about two seconds.
5. Select Remove account.
Then to add it again
1 Open the Email app.
2. Press the Menu button.
3. Select Accounts.
And choose to add an account
Add your email account again and it should then receive the emails.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you finished

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Norman?
Did you do the instructions I gave you? What were the results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I though I sent it. No it didn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but its not possible to add the account unless it is able to download the emails.
What exactly happened when you added the account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Note also when I go into settings it states that last synced on 23/06/2015 but nothing appeared

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Norman, can you please read and respond to my last message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It stated that I already had that account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On which step?
Norman, this only works if you put in the effort to give meaningful and detailed response as opposed to minimal messages that are vague or not reading my messages at all. Remember I am putting in the effort to help you here, but if your not going to do the same, nothing will get fixed.
So again, did you do the instructions I asked, and if so,l on which step did you have the problem and what exactly was this problem.
Not being difficult but I don't see the point of us wasting out time if this is how it is going to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did all the steps that you gave me. I reentered the account and no emails were received

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
"It stated that I already had that account"
Thats what you just said, so what did yo mean with this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Dont worry Norman, just reset your tablet, I think for you this is easiest.
It will delete all data and return the Tablet to new
Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.
Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Then setup the Tablet again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I reentered the account the message from account stated that I already had that account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
reset your tablet, I think for you this is easiest.
Then setup the Tablet again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will this delete my photographs

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, all data is removed and the Tablet returned to new, so back up any data first off it.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist