Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Nexus7 will not start all I get are rotating spheres What

My Nexus7 will not start all I get are rotating spheres
What is wrong?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Nexus and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nexus
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing has changed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, power it off please.
Then hold the volume UP and Power button until it reaches a menu.
Are you able to get to this menu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unable to power off

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you hold the power button please until it powers off. Will usually take about 10 seconds of holding it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no change to original situation

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did it turn off? And did you then hold the Volume Up and Power button?
Just need to checl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted. This confirms it.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the nexus to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Nexus was purchased in September 2013 and the quarantee has expired has expired

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then you will need to replace it sorry. The mainboard and having this replaced exceeds the actual value of the nexus which is why no one repairs this.
You can though put it on Ebay for the screen as this is something people will buy and will usually give $100-$130 for.