Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have an "authentication problem" with my Kindle Fire.

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Do you have this problem while trying to connect to the WiFi network ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My W-fi- is connected and signal is excellent.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
So where do you see this message ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The message is coming up under virginmedia6717504 Wi-fi box.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. Are you getting this error when you try to connect your Kindle to the Virginmedia wifi box ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The authentication problem indicates that you are using incorrect password. Are you sure you are using right password ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wll try again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still same message

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any computer there connected to that Wifi network ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. How do I check if password ***** *****?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There is a way if you have a computer connected to that network. What version of Windows are you using on that PC ? XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 8.1

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can get the Wireless password ***** your Windows 8.1 PC connected to the WiFi network. Follow the steps below;
Step 1:Point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.
Step 2:Click the wireless network icon .
Step 3:Right click on a wireless network name, and then choose View connection properties.
Step 4:Select Show characters to see the wireless network password.
Another way is, press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type ncpa.cpl and press enter. You will see the WiFi network adapter. Right click on it and select Status. From the resulting window, click Wireless Properties and click "Show Password" to see the password.
Use that password ***** connect your Kindle to it.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know.
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Alice, follow the steps to start remote support session.
On your computer, goto this website --> http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5c86e3c9-21fe-4392-bc31-49cba84b5f5e
Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. If some application is downloaded open it and let it connect. Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Alice, you still have not connected to me. I'm waiting for you.
If you unable to connect via the above link, please follow the steps below;
You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com
In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >###-##-####
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. And if some application is downloaded, open that file. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher application and let it connect.
Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi ALice, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik