Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have an FBI hoax on my Galaxy S5. It wants me to pay $250

Customer Question

I have an FBI hoax on my Galaxy S5. It wants me to pay $250 by a prepaid credit card. I know the government doesn't work that way. But it is blocking the use of my web browser
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
That is a SCAM. Don't buy or don't pay anything to them. Is your entire phone affected or is it just the Internet browser?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
We don't how extent that virus has affected your phone. First we can try to reset your browser.
Goto Settings and open Applications Manager. Tap All tab or swipe left/right to All tab (it is next to the Downloaded, Installed etc tabs). Search Internet (browser). Then tap Force Stop, tap Clear Data and tap Clear Cache. Do this for other browsers if they are affected.
Then try your browser. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.