Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My samsung galaxy tab can no longer connect to any wifi

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you go to Settings, Applications and look under the list ALL for Google Services Framework.
Press it and press Clear Data.
Once done, restart the Tab and then try to connect to your wireless network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Richard from the look of it, what you are asking me to do is to reset, right? but can you please tell me how to back up my documents before doing this so i don't have to loss my file? and is it ok for me to take out my memory Card before doing this?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No we are not resetting (else I would warn you to backup first).
We are clearing a system process which will be recreated once we do the restart.
You can do the instructions as I described, it does not effect your data
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard i have done that but still no changes. when you talk of Google services i guess its the same as Google play services because that's what i have here. when i press on clear data there wasn't any motion as in it clearing it but i went ahead and restarted the device still no wifi connection. help pls

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, its called Google Services Framework.
You see it under the list ALL.
That's what you need to press on the press Clear Data, not Google play services
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i have seen that but still nothing. i feel so frustrasted. i am at the library where i usually get the wifi but now nothing at all.

please what do you think?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Its a process of elimination Royene, so we need to go through all the causes for this.
The next step is a full reset, which will wipe off all data, so before we do this we need to first do a backup.
Do you have access to a computer there? And can you install a program on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have access to a computer but can't install nothing on it. its not allowed. what about back up in my memory card?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what data do you need to backup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my Pictures, music and videos mostly, if i can save my whatsapp messages then fine, if not i wouldn't mind so long as i get connected to the wifi after this

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, whats app you cannot sound.
For the other files, you can save them to the SD card.
To do this go to the app My Files.
Then you can copy and paste your files to the memory card within this app.
Let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i copy and paste? cause it's not giving me that option. or can i just take out my memory card?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to press and hold on the file and a menu shows, then you can choose Copy.
Then you go to the memory card still in the app, and select Paste
You do this for all the files you want to copy to your memory card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's what i did but it's giving me 3 options, create folder, create page and delete, that's where am lost

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Watch this film please as this will show you another way to do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNtVv5pqSU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok Richard when this is done what next? my only concern is how many % of assurance can you give me that after reseting this problem will be solved? another thing is have you thought it might be some physical displacement of something in the device?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It may be a hardware fault but wen only know this after doing a reset, its the only way to confirm.
Now that you backed up your data, remove the memory card from the Tab
Then go to Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
Confirm you want to reset your device. Tap on the "Reset Phone" option
Tap on the option "Erase Everything" once you are asked regarding cleaning its memory
Let this complete then set up the Tablet and tell me if it now connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Rich, funny enough i can't find privacy under my settings i just see "back up and reset" should i go for that? am sorry if am being such a pain, i just really need this to work

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, you have a different firmware then, you can do it under Backup and Reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have just met my night mare. i have reset the device and it comes up in japanese as that's where it was bought. i think am officially stuck with no device here now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if it is in japanese, Try to follow this video to change the video to english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ywOAzhe04
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok let me try this and get back to you. thanks for your patience

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what i feared most has happened. reset is done but still no wifi

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem
It is the internal wireless adapter that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what about the payment for your service, will the full amount that was asked be deducted?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The payment was for my service to work with you to either resolve the issue or confirm what it is, which we have done. This is what you paid for. If it was only paid when we are able to at this moment fix things, no one would have taken your question due to the chance it can be the wireless adapter that had faulted.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist