Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Samsung galaxy model gt s5830i only switches on to samsung

My Samsung galaxy model gt s5830i only switches on to samsung logo and then seems to go into a loop
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the battery from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the battery and try to turn on the phone.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no 35 secs wait did not solve the problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jack
Remove the battery and then put it back in.
Then Press & Hold “vol+ key, Home key and Power key” until you get to the Android recovery screen. If you do not get there the first time, try a few times as it can be tricky.
Tell me if you can get to this recovery screen please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am in a screen says warning a custom os can.......

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What options do you now have Jack?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i want to download a custom os i need to press the volume up key, otherwise press volume down key to cancel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the down key and it should then restart, then tell me if it now starts please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry you mean the volume down key to cancel?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please, then press the power button to select.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am just back to the same samsung logo loop

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we have another option.
Power off the phone by removing the battery and then putting it back in.
Then hold Volume UP and Power (without home) until you get to a menu
tell me if you can get to this menu please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

actually i am old and an idiot sorry. i didnt hold home button first time now i have done so and in a menu that says rebbot system now or apply update from sdcard etc etc

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok Jack.
If your at a system menu now, do you see the option to do a factory Reset?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thats the third option which says"wipe data/factory reset". is that the one? if i do this will it wipe all my saved numbers etc etc?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we have to choose this Jack, if the numbers were not backed up online, then you will lose them as well as all other data on the phone but this cannot be avoided sorry. We need to rule out corrupted firmware as the issue and this is the process.
Please choose this and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard, this is my mobile phone corrupted firmwate isnt such a problem as it would be online etc or on ipad. would reboot system now not work as well?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
no, we have done that multiple times already
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. how do i scroll down to option three wipe data/factory reset and then choose it please?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
use the volume down to go down and then either home or the power button to choose it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i see whats required. i am not going to wipe it yet. i will go to samsung dealer beside me get them to download all data from my card. reinsert card and follow the steps above. how does that sound to you? they downloaded data from my mobile before on their system.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They wont be able to Jack, while it is in this state it is inaccessible, but feel free to try.
In the end you'll just have to wipe it and this is also not a guarantee its going to work after this, as it can very well be a memory issue and this would require a replacement of the phone. This you only know after an attempted reset.
But of course its your choice. I would appreciate though that you can please rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard I'm bit desperate not to loose some of my data. I have to try. Unfortunately I believe it is a memory issue and you are right. Many many thanks for excellent help. Warmest, J. I will selected excellent star. Thank You.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Jack and can understand, I just am giving you advance warning of what the results will be...
that's all.