Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Ashik, I have a Galaxy S5 and widebrowdroid.org is blocking my internet access unless

Hi Ashik,
I have a Galaxy S5 and widebrowdroid.org is blocking my internet access unless AU$100 is paid. AVG Antivirus finds no threats. I have force stopped and cleared data on Chrome and also on Opera mini just in case. Unfortunately it still persists.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What about Internet ? Did you clear it too ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I did not clear my internet. What must I do to do that?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Isn't your Internet application affected by that malware ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you all your browsers affected ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not really sure what browser I am using, presumably Chrome. The only other browser I can see in the list is Opera mini.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, there should be one named Internet/browser with a globe like a icon. Are you having this problem on both Chrome and Opera ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have found two globe icons one called Internet (could this be the browser that I need to stop and clear?) and the other com.sec.android.app.sbro.. Should I find Opera and click on it to see what happens?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is your browser. Clear Data and Clear Cache for Internet, Chrome and Opera from Settings > Application Manager > All tab.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you already cleared Chrome and Opera, and if you are still seeing the malware then it seems like your entire phone is affected by this malware. That is why it is coming back even after you cleared. It is not just the browsers that affected but the entire operating system is affected.
First open Play Store and download Avast Ransomware Removal. Run it and see if it can find the malware.
If not, open Play Store and download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware application and scan with it.
If that didn't work too, then we can try to remove it manually. Go to Settings > Applications Manager
Swipe left or right to Downloaded/Installed tab.
Looks for suspicious applications like Ukash, BadDoink, AnallLockScreen etc. Remove all suspicious applications from there.
If you are unable to uninstall, then go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator. If you see AnallockScreen or any suspicious app there, then uncheck it and uninstall it from Applications Manager.
If all the above failed, then you will have to factory reset the phone unfortunately. This is the best option to prevent data theft from you S5.
Backup all your important files to your computer. You can use Samsung Kies to backup or download your files to your computer --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
Also sync your S5 with Google and this will backup contacts, calendars etc from Settings > Accounts > Google Account.
Then go to Settings > Backup & reset and do factory reset from there. Please let me know how it goes.
Factory reset will completely get rid of that malware and install a fresh version of Android.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have run Avast Ransomware Removal and it didn't find any encrypted data.

To recap: I stopped and cleared Chrome and Opera with no result but when I stopped and cleared Internet as well the browser was cleared.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
So is that widebrowdroid.org page gone now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it has disappeared and I can surf to different sites with no problems.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.
Have a great day,
Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions