Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

I have an old samsung phone and no-one seems to have an

Customer Question

Hi I have an old samsung phone and no-one seems to have an unlock code for it can you help pease?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Could you please let me know what the make and model of the android phone is? Also when you mean unlock code, can you specify if you mean the unlock code to open the device is or an unlock code to use it for a different cell carrier?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi the phone is locked to orange network and I want to use it with any network.

Its a samsung GTS5600

Great, thanks for that info. So here is how to unlock it. There are two methods, depending on how your phone reacts to an unknown sim card. How to enter code in Samsung S5600 ?You can enter unlock code using three following instructions:1. Insert a foreig sim card (the sim card which is not supported by Your phone)2. The phone should ask for an unlock code3. Enter Unfreeze or Defreeze code ( unsuccesfull message may appear )4. Enter NCK or Network codeThe phone is now unlocked If your phone does not ask for the unlock code: 1. Turn on the phone with original Sim card or without Sim card2. Enter #7465625*638*NCK/Network#The phone is now unlocked.If your phone does not ask for the unlock code: 1. Turn on the phone with a foreign (Unaccepted) Sim card2. Then enter the following sequence: #0199*Unfreeze/Defreeze# #0111*NCK/Network# #0121*SCK/Subprovider# #0133*SPCK/Provider# ***** phone is now unlocked.
You can purchase the codes needed here: http://sim-unlock.net/sim-lock/12/Unlock_by_code_for_Samsung_phones_from_Europe/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not asking how to use the code I have been unable to obtain a code from providers

I understand, did you recieve the link I sent above? You should be able to purchase it there. Alternatively, do you still have active service with Orange? If so, they should be able to provide you the unlock code
Just inform them that you are planning to use the phone for travel overseas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going to have to pay again to try and get a code and was paying you for that information so i am happy to continue to try and get a code but am not happy to pay you when you have not been able to solve my issue. Would i be able to get the cost refunded?

As I mentioned you can contact Orange to obtain an unlock code without cost
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where ever I get the code from is irrelevant at this point as that was my originl request from your service and you are unable to provide what I requested so it's your fee I am asking for a refund on?

You can request a refund from customer care for my fee as I am not involved in billing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you

no problem, have a nice day