Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

My samsung galaxy a3 is blocked by widebrowdroid.org/4/1.

Hi, My samsung galaxy a3 is blocked by widebrowdroid.org/4/1. Its saying I need to pay a £100 fine! can you help pls?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occur when using the Internet app?

Does it affect any other app?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes only the Internet. Everything else seems ok.

Thank you. Can you please close the Internet app (or restart the phone), then open the Settings app, then select Applications, then Application manager,, then select the All option, then scroll down, then tap on the item Internet (or the item Browser), then tap on Clear Data and confirm, then open Internet app and check.Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I`m in App Manager but cant see an all option?

In app manager, swipe from right to left a few times as needed (and/or left to right) until the All option is selected at the top, then scroll down to the Internet item, etc., and/or in app manager, just scroll down.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, I`ve done it! Checked on the internet and it seems fine.

Was this some sort of virus?

It was just a bad website; it set itself to the home page when you likely clicked on bad website link previously. We have cleared / deleted it now, so everything is fine now. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,