Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a note3 that i have forgot the new screen lockcode to

Customer Question

i have a note3 that i have forgot the new screen lockcode to is there another way to bypass this without erasing data im not bothered about pictures or media its just the texts from my mum and brother i would hate to loose
many thanks alison
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
When you enter wrong password/code for multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the code.
If it didn't ask for the Gmail account, then I'm really sorry. The only option to get in to the phone is by doing a factory-reset. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail option didn't work. I understand how frustrating this is, but there is no other way. These devices are very secure and Samsung designed it that way.
Follow the step below to factory reset. Trust me, there is no other way to get access to your phone.
Turn off the phone
Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
Android system recovery will be loaded now
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
Select Yes — delete all user data.
Then select reboot system now
That should factory reset the phone. After factory reset, setup your phone using the same Google account and your contacts, calendars etc will be synced back.
Now, you can try to recover the texts using a third party application named Dr.Fone for Android.
First download and install Samsung Kies from here --> http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
After that, download and install this application Dr.Fone for Android on your computer --> http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/android-data-recovery.html
Open Dr.Fone application and connect your phone. Then follow the onscreen instructions to see what can be recovered. If it can find the erased texts, then you can use it to recover them.
Please note this application might not work, but it is worth a try. Please try the trial version of the application and only buy it if it can recover the deleted contents.
I'm sorry, other than this there is no other way to recover them. There is also no way to override the code and get access to your phone. I understand this might not be answer you want to hear, but these devices are very secure and can't be accessed without the code.
Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the answer.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm happy to continue to help until you are satisfied.