Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have recently changed my Samsung Galaxy Ace Samsung

Customer Question

I have recently changed my Samsung Galaxy Ace for a Samsung Galaxy Young2.
However this new phone does not work with Samsung Kies which is essential for me.
How can this problem be solved?.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Kies does support the Young 2. Have you tried installing latest Kies ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have updated Kies yesterday but it has not yet worked

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a Mac or PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using a PC

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Goto Control Panel > Programs and Features (or Uninstall Program). Then uninstall the Samsung Kies from there. Also uninstall Samsung drivers. Then restart your computer, then download and install this version Kies --> http://bit.ly/1MRIDLU (If you get any virus warning, ignore it) Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To start remote support session, go to this link or click this link --> http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fdfbff2c-31b6-4bb1-a4a3-68ae7e3c01b7 An application named Elisinore Screen Connect will be downlaoded. Open it and let it connect.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Close the message that appear in Kies. I'm not able to close it from here.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I've successfully installed Kies and it recognized your phone. But the Kies app was frozen. So I've restarted the machine and we will be reconnected after the restart. If we're not connected automatically, please reply back. Also when you open Kies, you can close the message about Smart Switch.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Issue Resolved via Remote Support !
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks to your help I have successfully loaded my computer diary into my Samsung young2 phone. - about 5 years worth. - however there is no shortcut to enable me to call p this phone diary when I need to. Can

this be fixed?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I understand. What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

With your help I have successfully synced my phone diary to the phone diary in my computer. To look up a phone number in my phone I simply tap on the small red icon displayed in the bot***** *****ne. of the phone's display. However if I want to open my phone's diary there is no icon to enable me to do so. Can this be remedied?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To make shortcut, open Menu and tap and hold down the S Planner or the Diary (Calendar) and drop it to lock screen in the place you want. Then you can access it from there. let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where do I find the Menu Icon?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
By menu I meant the apps screen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The menu icon says Menu and you can find it in the middle or right side of the home screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still cannot find the Menu on my phone?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Menu is the screen where it shows all the apps. It may have other name like Applications or Apps and you can find it in the home screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have found an icon labelled 31 and S Planner - this seems to be a shortcut to my phone diary.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
S Planner should have your diaries. Did you check it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes thank you - this phone is so very different from my previous Galaxy Ace that it takes a lot of getting used to..

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure !