Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have forgotten my opening screen pin note 3 Samsung.

Customer Question

I have forgotten my opening screen pin for my note 3 Samsung. Any ideas how I can reset this?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the code.
If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the Note is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the passcode screen if the Gmail option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). Follow the steps below to factory reset it;
Turn off the Note
Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
Android system recovery will be loaded now
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
Select Yes — delete all user data.
Then select reboot system now
That should factory reset the Note. After factory reset you can register it with the same Google account you used on it and this will sync your contacts, calendar, apps etc back. If you have backed up to Samsung server then sign in to Samsung account to restore your data. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.