Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung 4. What message would I get if my texts and

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 4. What message would I get if my texts and calls have been blocked by an ITC mobile
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will get none, it does not tell the network it has not blocked it, it just does not accept the message.
This is done on purpose so you do not know you are being blocked.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about calls?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Same, it would seem like it is just ringing, then it would cut out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. But when I called he other day I was put through to voicemail, as normal. Should I be getting some other message?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, you would not get a message if they blocked you on the call.
Depending on how they setup the block it either rings out or sends you to voicemail.
The point of the blocking is to make it appear your not being blocked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have also called from a completely random landline. This time it rang and rang, then just went dead. Could there actually be problem with the mobile itself?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is also possible or the fact that the person has the phone on silent or is not answering the calls.
Or is also blocking numbers not in their contact list.
It would not be a network error though as then you get a message about this that they cannot be reached.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again

Can the message that I Ieft be accessed by the receiver, even if I am blocked? Will they get a message to say they have a voicemail?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If it got through to voicemail then yes they will
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK .... then if I am blocked, why do I have the option to even connect to the phone, let alone be able to leave a message. Just a bit puzzled ....

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Depends on how they have blocked you or even IF they have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, its unlikely, but thank you.

One final question, if I may? Can the person (who MAY have blocked me) still send me texts, even though they can't see mine? And how long do blocks last, do they need to be renewed/updated at intervals?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, if they blocked you they can still contact you.
Blocks last until they unblock you, they are not time based.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your time, Richard.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome