nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Note 3 smartphone that can see 21 satellites but

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Note 3 smartphone that can see 21 satellites but can't lock on any of them. Please help me get this sorted. Many thanks. Karl
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.If your phone is under one year warranty, I would advise you to send it to Samsung for repair.But if it is not, then open the back cover. You will be able to see 12 screws. Open all of them. Gently pull up the back interior circuit board cover. When you open the cover there you will be able to see 2 pins on the top left hand corner.The top pin is for the gps. If you look at the circuit board cover there are 2 contact plates which are the antennas.So basically you have to bend the the top pin (GPS) up a little so it can have a clean contact with the antenna pin on the circuit board cover. Now put back all the things and go outside with a clear view of the sky.Now try the apps and check whether you can get a lock now or not.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY. Thanks and have a good day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I have done this and am able to see up to 25 sattelites but not able to get a lock on any of them.

All the different roms for the device have the same effect. I have ruled out the sim card as it works on the old phone without failure.

The previous sim card was on O2 and it was not working then.

Perhaps their is something wrong with the hardware or the system as many users seem to have the same problem.

Seems to be related to the AT&T network!

Karl

Did you update your phone recently?If not then try updating it. If the problem is still there then back up your data and do a factory reset.
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Is your issue resolved. Please reply with the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have been away for a few days.I have tried numerous different roms and numerous gps.conf files and nothing seems to change

Karl