*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Re Samsung note GT-N7000 my IMEI as found behind batty is

Customer Question

re Samsung note GT-N7000
my IMEI as found behind batty is different to that listed using*#06#. This may have happened when phone was unlocked. Can this be corrected?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
No, that number can not be changed. That would not have happened when the phone was unlocked. The imei can not be changed. The only way that it well be different from the label is of the internal processor was changed during a repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, not sure your answer is correct. It seems that the internet is offering many ways of reprogramming IMEI numbers. When my company was purchasing phone modules for building into our alarm equipment, the module had to be programmed to change the default IMIE number as received to one from a batch of numbers we received from the approval authorities.

Yes there are ways that it can be done bu it is illegal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

...even to restore to correct IMEI??

The phone mainboard was most likely replaced by non-Samsung service center (If it is done by Samsung, they can transfer your IMEI to the new mainboard. Otherwise, the IMEI will be different..