Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

MY PHONE IS LOCKED

MY PHONE IS LOCKED
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you referring to a screen lock on your phone? Meaning you forgot the password?
And what is the make and model of the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

screen lock fingerprint lock

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what is the make and model of the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

samsung galaxy 5mm

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will have to reset the phone, there is no other way to remove the lock. This is going to remove all your data and return the phone to new, but this you cannot avoid sorry.
To do the reset, please do the following
remove the battery then put it back again.
Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.
You will then be able to use the phone again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.