A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

I have Samsung Galaxy Mega, touch screen has stopped working

I have Samsung Galaxy Mega, touch screen has stopped working unable to unlock or anything else ? please advise
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! We might be able to resolve this by performing a hard reset of the phone. This would erase all of the data on the phone though. Do you know if you have a backup of the data ? (IE contacts, photos, etc.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes have back up
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy Mega is unresponsive1. Turn the tablet off. 2. Press and hold Volume up and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.3. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.4. Press the Power button. 5. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button. 6. Press the Power button.7. The tablet will now wipe all contents. 8. Press the Power button. 9. The tablet will now reboot to the initial setup screen.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if that resolves the unresonsiveness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I turn off press power button and goes to screen for power off , airplane mode etc cannot do that touch screen not functioning tried taking battery out and leaving for a minute or then press volume and power as detailed brings up logo and them back to main access screen again do I leave sim card in or out ?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
You can leave the sim card in, so you are unable to actually turn the device completely off ?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to power off by just continuing to hold the power button without using the touch screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn off by holding power button screen goes blank, then Press and hold Volume up and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen., what appears on screen is the samsung galaxy title with open padlock word custom , then goes to logo and if I try holding volume button down it goes to main screen and I am back to square one
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Try to tap volume up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr Stevens, thank you for your advice , having tried and failed to get it sorted out , (no doubt my fault) I took it to a IT shop who managed to restart it, thank you for your assistance and please feel free to retain the deposit that I maderegardsTerry willshere