Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have changed from EE to Bt internet 5 weeks ago - Emails

Customer Question

I have changed from EE to Bt internet 5 weeks ago - Emails are arriving on my laptop as usual. On my Galaxy 111 mini only arrive spasmodically sometimes only weekly. When I look at settings says SYNC is disabled and I have tried all ways to switch it on without success - Please please can you help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
We will have to reconfigure your email on your phone and this will re-establish the connection with the server.
Who is your email provider ? Gmail, Yahoo etc or what is your email address ? I need to know this, so I could send you correct settings and instructions.
I'm waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My internet provider is BT
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but what is your email address ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We can delete the email account and add it back. This will re-establish the connection. On your phone, go to Settings > Accounts and select your email account. Then delete the account.
Then turn off the phone. Remove the battery. Wait 2 minutes and turn it back on. Then go back to accounts and add your email account back.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. On your phone, go to Settings > Accounts and select your email account. Then delete/remove the account.
Use the following settings if asked when you add the account back.
Create IMAP account if asked.
Incoming Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Port: 993
SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)
Username: your email address including the @btinternet part
Password: your btinternet password
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Port: 465
Authentication: PLAIN
Password: your btinternet password
Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm sorry to say still not working - on the details of the account where you can tick different features - it still says SYNC disabled - what do I need to do now please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Make sure the master sync is enabled. Swipe down from the top with two fingers and do you see Sync button ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sync Email under Data usage - tick is off - I have tried pressing it but doesn't come on.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings > Data Usage. Tap the Options button and enable "Auto Sync Data". Then check. Let me know.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Also, swipe down from the top and this will bring some options. Swipe left/right and you will see a Sync button there. Is the "Sync" option enabled there ? See the picture below;
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - it has ticked the required box - could you send me a couple of words by Email to test it. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to contact you privately as it is against the policy in here. But you can send the email to yourself (to your email address) and you will receive them. Important : Make sure you turn on the master Sync option. Swipe down from the top and this will bring some options. Swipe left/right and you will see a Sync button there. Is the "Sync" option enabled there ? See the picture below;
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
How is it going ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I could not get back to you when I had sent myself an EMail.
The E mails are coming through to my mobile as numbers on the icon but do not come on the screen that shows the details.What should I do now.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do you see those emails when you open Email app ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is just the ones that were there from before.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you turn on Sync option ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just checked the internet A/C says last syncd at 18.20 but I have it set for every 15mins and that is 35mins ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Can you please make sure all these options below are correct ?
Go to Settings > Accounts > your email account. Tap Settings. Tap your email account.
Then scroll down and make sure "Email Notifications" under Notification Settings is enabled. Also turn on Sync Email opton there under Data Usage.
Then go to Settings > Data Usage. Tap Options and make sure "Auto Sync" is ON there.
Then swipe down from the top of the screen and from the resulting menu, swipe left and is the Sync button is enabled ?
If all the above are correct, just restart your phone. Disconnect it from WiFI and reconnect it. Check email. Let me know the results please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If it still not working, then open Play Store and download the email client Aqua Mail. Aqua Mail is a external email client which is more powerful than inbuilt email client application of your phone. After downloading Aqua Mail, setup your email account on it. Then check and see if you are getting emails on Aqua Mail.