Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Hallo, I had a Nokia C3-01 which worked just fine in my car

Hallo,
I had a Nokia C3-01 which worked just fine in my car until it (the phone) finally packed up.
I bought a Samsung SM-B550H to replace it. My problem is I can't get it to work with my Hands-free in my car.
My audio unit is a Pioneer DEH-4400BT. The phone connects with it via BT but the audio unit does not receive any data from the phone so it can't be used. Also - when I select Hands-free from the service list the phone freezes up and I have to wait until it unfreezes, about ten minutes.
I need advice. I'w willing to accept that I'm getting it wrong somewhere along the way. I don't want to send the phone back if it can be avoided. If you are not the people I should be contacting perhaps you could redirect this message for me or tell me who I should be speaking to.
Douglas Tovell
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please Douglas what steps you have already undertaken to try to fix this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

As I said in my original question, I have tried to get the Bluetooth connection going by simply following the instructions. There was a connection and I could receive calls but I could not make calls, neither was there any information on my audio unit screen, such as 'contacts' and 'caller' ID' Obviousely this was no good to me.

On my last phone it was all there and easy to use - even for an old git like me.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you said you looked ion the internet so was ensuring there was not other things you tried
hold the power button on the phone for 60 seconds then release.
Then power it on, connect it again to the car system and tell me if it now functions correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well - I did as you suggested. In short, unfortunately it didn't work.

As soon as I got in the car and switch on the radio the phone said it was connected and the symbol appeared on the radio screen. So far so good.

I pressed the phone button on the radio and it said 'no data'. To make matters worse my phone was frozen and only started working again after five minutes.

I think maybe the phone's no good.and will need to go back.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want then for you to reset the phone so we can rule out any software problems causing this.
To do this, please do the below steps
Power off the phone and remove your SIM card
Power on the phone
Dial *2767*3855#
Now you can see factory format
Wait until format completed
After format completed hand set will be reboot
Now you are successfully done Samsung Hard Reset.
Power it off again, put your SIM card back in, power it on and try to connect and use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did as you suggested. All seemed to go well - during the connection phase the phone asked if the PINs matched, and they did.

When I selected the phone option the radio came up with 'No Data' and the phone froze - it's still in that state but I expect it to recover in a few minutes.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted, we have ruled out all software causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheers