*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I cannot get my new lg gpad 7 to connect to my internet. any

Customer Question

i cannot get my new lg gpad 7 to connect to my internet. any ideas please.
thank you for your time.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Does the name of your wifi network appear in the list of available networks on the pad?If yes, does it have a lock symbol next to the network name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it found my network and lock on it.and name and number.

okay, do you know the correct wifi password ***** connect to the wifi through the routers wifi network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on the back of router it says.

passphrase.

wps pin.

username.

password. i put the password ***** gpad it said no. :(

okay, does it have any capital letters?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all lower case.

okay, try this please>.Select Wi-Fi from the menu. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position. A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your paddetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list. 4. Tap the name of the network then on the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget. Then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds on the pad. Then power on and try connecting again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried twice cannot connect

Okay, do you have a Windows computer connected wireless to the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i do. it's connected with my ip's netgear dongle .i'm just wondering do i need a sim in the gpad?.

You should be able to connect to the intent with WiFi. The password for the WiFi must be different than what is on the label. It most likely has been changed. What is the brand/model of the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's a virgin media super hub netgear (vmdg480)

ssid virginmedia (###) ###-####/p>

web address http//192.168.0.1

i hope this helps.

okay, 1. Connect your computer to the Super Hub using an Ethernet cable. 2. Access the settings page by entering the web address shown on the Super Hub sticker. For a guide on how to do this, please see Configuring advanced settings on the Virgin Media Super Hub. 3. Click Wireless Network Settings. 4. If it isn't chosen already, set the Security Mode drop-down menu to WPA Auto, and then view passphrase in the Passphrase box. If this does not work then you will need to reset the Super Hub in order to restore the default settings.Then the password ***** the label will work.Resetting the Super Hub1. Look at the side of Super Hub, where the Power light is. 2. Above the Power light, you will see a pinhole marked 'RESET'. Use a paper clip to press the pinhole reset button for 20 seconds. 3. The Super Hub should now revert to its factory default settings – the same as those listed on the information panel on the back of the device.4. We recommend that you now turn off the power to the Super Hub for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.Once the reset is complete and the Super Hub has been restarted, you will need to set up any previously connected computers or devices to reconnect to the wireless network.