Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized ASUS partner, 5 years experience with Android support
63083622

My Galaxy GT-S5830i has a full internal memory - all apps are

Customer Question

My Galaxy GT-S5830i has a full internal memory - all apps are on SD card - how do I clear internal memory please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
What about your photos? Are those on the SD card as well? There are a couple of ways to go about it. You can do a factory reset which will wipe the internal memory, or you can hook it up to a PC as a USB storage device using a USB cable, then navigate to the internal storage and move files, etc...
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
If you need more help with this, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All photos go to SD card

Sounds straightforward - thanks - now to scrummage for a USB cable.

Cheers,

Cliff Ayling

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Does your charging cable have a usb plug on the end? Some of them pull out of the power bricks and can be plugged into a PC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

ALl the Best

Bye

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
If this has answered your question, remember to provide a rating for me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Wes for saying I could continue at no extra charge.

Phone is hooked up to Vista - device is recognised and identified but ---

Propertis gives Used space 0 bytes disc full, Free space 0 bytes and Capacity 0 bytes. File system unknown.

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
sometimes more than one disk will show up under my computer when you connect your phone.
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
make sure you check both of them, because one may be the non-volatile storage that you can't change... at all. Then there should be internal SD storage and then maybe an external card storage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only one Removable disc F - have a C and D and an E (DVD)

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
when you hook the device up did it ask you how you wanted it to behave when connected to a computer?
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
if you want I can try to take a look at it remotely, if you click on this link from the computer the device is connected tohttps://www.fastsupport.com/539126914
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In view of what you have said I disconnected the phone and plugged it in again and now the computer does not seem to recognise it!

Should I do a computer restart?

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
No, I don't think you need to restart the computer. If it's working, just go with it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess we had better call it a day - the phone's operating system is not compatable So thanks for trying

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Well there's always the option to reload the phone back to factory. I've found that's pretty much a necessity with android phones it shouldn't wipe the storage areas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - yes a factory problemI will have to contact Samsung All the Best

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Actually I meant... reset the phone back to factory... you don't necessarily need to send it back to the manufacturer to do that. But if you believe the phone is defective, yes, samsung would be the best ones to contact about that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Resetting the phone back to factory settings means I lose all my phone numbers -- too difficult at the moment - I need a phone.

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Good luck with everything... (no response necessary)