Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Cannot unlock Samsung Galaxy3 tablet - forgotten password

cannot unlock Samsung Galaxy3 tablet - forgotten password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will have to reset the Tablet, it is the only way to remove the security
This will remove all data and return the Tablet to new, but you cannot avoid this sorry.
To do this
Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.
Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.
Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm.
Scroll down to Yes, Delete All User Data and hit Power to confirm.
Back on the first screen, scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and select
with power button.
Hit Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3 with factory settings restored.
You can then set it up again for use
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried pressing all these buttons several times and can only get a picture of a boat and a request for my password. each time I try a password ***** says it is the wrong one.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to do the instructions I gave, but first Make sure the Tablet is completly off. so hold the power button for 30 seconds to be sure please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I see you have rated my service to you as bad...
I solve this issue daily with people, the instructions work, 100%, you need to first make sure the tablet is OFF as I specified in the instructions please.