Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Locked out s4 cannot remember my pin

locked out s4 cannot remember my pin
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
you will need to reset the phone, it is the only way to remove the Pin and the reason why the phone has the security. This is going to remove all data from the phone and return it to new but this you cannot avoid sorry.
To do the reset
Switch your phone off.
Hold down the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.
To navigate through this menu, use the volume up/down buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to confirm selections.
Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
Scroll down and select Yes - Delete All User Data.
When prompted, scroll to and select Reboot System Now. The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.
Once done, you can then setup the phone and use it again
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have tried this before logo screen does appear until release of all buttons

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is the only one procedure for it, can you watch this video from 1:50 and make sure first that is it Off, so remove the battery and put it back inThen follow the instructions here pleasehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G77QEe-0WfwLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, Richard. just stopped sweating on top brow everything ok cheers.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
perfect! sometimes the film makes it more easier to followIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you