Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 tab 7". It has come up with #MANUAL

I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 tab 7". It has come up with #MANUAL MODE# ***** what do I do to reset it as it will not turn off or on !
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Tab and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Tab.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is now saying "reboot system now" and NO COMMAND

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, are you able to select Reboot now Kim?
If so, does it reboot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have pressed the on/off button to reboot and it has now come to life! It looks OK now. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.