Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Just had a galaxy s6 + it wont recognise my thunbpring or password.how

Customer Question

just had a galaxy s6 + it wont recognise my thunbpring or password.how do I get into my phone please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

you will have to reset the phone, it is the only way to remove the lock on it. It will wipe all your data and return the phone to new, but it is the only way to do this

To do the reset

Turn off the device.

Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.

After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.

Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.

Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.

The phone has now been returned to factory settings, and you no longer have to worry about being locked out and can again use the phone.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.