michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Have worked on android application development and software.
26798893

Hii have a problem with my Samsung tablet it wont switch onto

Customer Question

Hii have a problem with my Samsung tablet it wont switch onto wifi .
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.let me know the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the model number is ***** Android 4.4.2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set it back to factory settings hoping this would rectify it , it did bring wifi back for 10mins only but the screen is very dull so wondered if it is the battery? hope it helps ,thank you .
Turn on the tablet and follow the steps from the tab screen1. From the home screen, tap your Apps icon, and go to Settings.2 Select Backup and Reset on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and above.3 Select Factory data reset. steps from the physical buttonMake sure that the device is fully powered down.Find your device key combination, and press and hold it to boot your Android device in recovery modeCombination 1 - Volume Up + Camera button.Combination 2 - Volume Down + Power button.Combination 3 - Volume Up + Power button.Combination 4 - Volume Up + Home + Power button.Combination 5 - Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button.Combination 6 - Home + Camera button.Combination 7 - Home + Power button Release the buttons when the device is powered on.You will see the device booting into recovery mode.Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll up or down through menu options.Select Wipe data/Factory reset with the volume keys.Press the Power button to confirm your selection.Continuing to use the volume buttons, Select Yes – erase all user dataPress the Power button to confirm your selection.Your device will now be reset to its factory default state.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all of that still wont connect to Wi-Fi .
when you try to scan available wireless network on your tab do you see the ssid or the router name of you wireless router in the search list?
If yes then you must re confirm the router password ***** you might be entering wrong. if you have a pc or a computer let me know i can search the correct password ***** you, then you can try entering it on the Tablet and it should accept and and will work fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm actually thinking now of throwing it in the bin I've had so many friends look at it's like there is no network card to work it almost like something is missing !
how old is the tabletit seems the wifi chip on the tablet is not working and is unable to connect to the routerif the unit is within warranty you can get it servicedelse if out of warranty repair would be costly and it would be better to opt in for a new tablet
i hope you understand that in case of hadrdware faults i can suggest settings and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work againlet me know if you have any questions
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below or stars above on top rightThanks for choosing Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I agree myself and friends believe this is the problem it is out of warranty there fore will opt for a new one many thanks for your help in trying to fix the problem .
kind regards ***** ***** .